A visual identity is how you dress the brand. And how you dress the brand influences what your audience thinks about the brand.
Brand image, or brand identity, consists of a set of visual standards, icons and symbols that identify the brand.
The visual identity includes everything from office / retail store design to typography. Here are some of most prominent visual elements to consider:
- Color scheme
- The layout and look of web, print, TV, and other communications
- Ambient interior icons such as a fresh-daily bowl of apples in every office
- Ambient exterior icons such as giant pink piggy banks
- Convention booth design
- Photographic style
- Vehicle graphics: Car / Van / Truck / Plane / Bicycles /
- Interior office design
- Architectural style
- Stationary: letterhead, envelopes, labels
Smaller companies will have a smaller list of visual identifiers, while large companies frequently have a design and usage manual.
Creative tip: Visual identity is just one aspect of a brand. There are other branding techniques that have a visual aspect, such as a brand character. Also, the brand's visual identity should be compatible with the brand's personality and story.
- All 10 creative branding techniques.
- The 3 essential ingredients of world-class branding campaigns.
- Over 150 example branding ads in digital, traditional and social media.
- Plus, complete branding campaigns from leading technology, finance, health and beauty brands.